In today’s digital world, life is fast moving and people need quick and accurate results. Technology is changing and improving fast, and web design trends are also changing to provide users the best experience. Dedicated web design solutions such as those provided by Long Island web design development services could be crucial for your website’s success in the coming years. Why? Because these services stay updated on the latest web design trends and development that are vital to ensure a successful business website. The year 2021 is expected to bring trends such as mixed media, dark mode, etc. and focus more on page speed and user experience.
People visit many websites; to grab their attention and make them stay long, there should be something on your website that makes it stand out from others. So, here are some innovative web design trends that are going to dominate in 2021:
- Website load time and speed: Quick loading of website has been the most important factor in UX and SEO for years, and it remains the top-priority for websites for better ranking and conversion. The bounce rate increases when the page loading time exceeds three seconds. So, website loading time is a standard metric that web design teams need to look at to ensure good user experience.
- Dark mode: Dark mode web designs serve a number of functions. As people are spending more time looking at the screens, dark mode helps to reduce eye strain. It creates an ultra-modern look for your website and it serves to highlight other design elements by darkening the surrounding elements. It saves device battery power.
- Asymmetric layouts: Traditionally, a website is built on a grid; though it helps streamline the structure and focus on key elements, it reduces the site’s uniqueness. So, asymmetric design is the trend now. It is move to individuality, shaky energy, and brutalism. However, designers have to find a balance here. The aim of this is to ensure that no page looks heavier than the rest, which means for instance, no image should be much larger than the text block. In this design, they simply increase the block size that you want to focus on.
- Bold fonts: Heavy bold fonts are easy on the eye, and help readers understand the message instantly, not necessarily the imagery. When these large fonts combine with neutral colors it further highlights the headings, quickly becoming an “image” of their own.
- Artificial Intelligence: Implementing AI on your site will enable you to use remarkably more data to meet user needs. The addition of AI in the context of web design relates more to development than to final result. AI will help to gather information about readers, conduct testing, automate the graphics selection, and place elements of attention in the right place.
- Blending photos and graphical elements: Using real images with graphical elements creates an individual message of the site. This mixing technique adds appeal, a level of creativity, and fun to a typical image. Thus, it keeps website visitors engaged with your content.
- VLOGS: Video has become one of the top marketing elements. When it comes to brand building, businesses cannot afford to ignore the importance of videos in the upcoming years. According to a Facebook study, 73% of video content has a positive impact on users. So, when a web designer prepares a web design layout, he must take care that it focuses on video content more than other content formats.
- Scalable Vector Graphics: A webpage that includes compelling photos, GIF, PNG, and video formats is always rated higher. This use of multimedia increases engagement and retains visitors on the web page, but it leads to latency, especially on mobile phones. Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) is the solution for this. With this, the image can be scaled to fit the screen and the original graphics can be maintained simultaneously. This format will be a critical trend of both adaptability and web design in general. Source: https://www.prevint.pt/en
- Soft shadows and floating elements: To grab user attention, one of the best ways is to upload a video to the main screen background, and today it is possible to integrate this approach with high page loading speed. It is especially true for mobile devices. To use SVG illustrations and simultaneously ensure the volume of images, you can use soft shadows and floating elements of images. It makes the web design layered and more compelling, and also increases the depth of design elements. This way, you can move away from flat, classic, and immutable designs where layers are placed strictly in the right order.
- Virtual Reality (VR): The use of VR on websites will continue to increase in the upcoming years. An instance is, think of sites like Airbnb that let you take a tour before you have done a reservation. It gives you an experience of the thing that you are going to do before you actually do it. That way, VR is a powerful tool that offers useful, meaningful content to a site visitor to help in making a buying decision.
- Voice chatbots: Instead of typing into Google, you can access information by asking a question or making a demand. It means that web design is adjusting to keep up with the prevalence of virtual assistants and voice chatbots. As this voice-activate interface is not common for all websites, this upcoming trend will not go away anywhere in the near future. It is expected that more websites will be integrating voice search as an alternative to traditional text search.
Professional Long Island web design development services can help keep your site ahead of the web design curve and search engines by eliminating outdated trends and including innovative website features and elements.