Customer feedback is very important for your business. Through customer feedback, businesses can understand what customers feel or experience about their services or products. It is the most reliable source of knowledge about the quality of a company. Long Island digital marketing professionals can help you incorporate different ways to get customer feedback for your business. Analytics and data give you valuable insights into what your customers want from your business; but it is always good to get the answer straight from your customers.
Positive feedback from your customers always makes you happy, but if you ignore negative feedback (if any) or don’t pay attention to all customer feedback, you may be missing out on a huge chunk of knowledge. What your customers think about your business means a lot to your business. It helps to make your business and marketing better. You should give serious attention to customer feedback to get positive reviews, and use it to boost sales and grow your brand online.
With the following 5 effective methods, you can collect customer feedback, find out what they actually want and how their needs are changing:
- Use a Range of Platforms to get Reviews: The first step you have to take to get online reviews is to make it easy for people to leave them. The more effort it takes, the less likely someone will dedicate their time to leave the review you want. Social media platforms and other third-party review sites are great ways help you get the reviews about your company and your products and services. Some of the most effective ones are:
- Facebook Business Page
- LinkedIn Recommendations
- Google My Business
- YouTube (create videos and ask for reviews under)
- Yelp- claim or add your business to get reviews
There are many different niche review sites that depends on your industry, it can be more effective. For instance, TripAdvisor is a review site for the travel niche. Whether the review is good or bad, it is essential to publicly address the issues. A company that responds to feedback publicly enjoys a better rating than a company that doesn’t.
- Surveys: Surveys are easy to set up, easy to send out, analyze, and scale very well. It can be approached in two ways: Long Surveys and Short Surveys on your site. Long surveys are what people are more familiar with. You can create some questions with SurveyMonkey and send the link to your customer list, Twitter followers and anyone else. After a few days, check back, and have all sorts of feedback. Sometimes you will get poor results when you send out surveys; it is because people won’t finish the survey or the responses aren’t helpful. To not let this happen, you have to apply the following easy tricks to make sure you get great responses from your surveys.
- Try to keep it short by including a minimum of five questions, and definitely don’t go over 10.
- Ask only the questions that you will use, it should serve a purpose. Adding an unnecessary question that does not serve a purpose for your business waste your customer’s and yours time. So, instead, save time and get better responses by adding essential questions.
- If you ask for questions for the first time, start with open-ended questions to know what your customers are really thinking, because building a survey full of rating scales and multiple-choice questions will restrict your answers to your own assumptions.
To conduct Short surveys, include one or two questions that are highly relevant to the page that it is being displayed on. You can use Quarlaroo for this.
- Live Chats: It is sure to be one of the most natural things for you to do when you set up it correctly. You may enjoy talking to many customers live on chat. Earlier, live chat was seen as an optional customer service offering in addition to phone and email but lately things have changed. According to superoffice.com, today more than 41% of customers expect live chat on your website, and if it is from the visitors through mobile device, the number is as high as 50%. So, if you don’t offer live chat on your website, then you are essentially ignoring your customers. When companies use chat to communicate with their customers, they see numerous benefits, including increased sales, satisfaction, and service.
- Usability Tests: Usability testing is a method of evaluating a product or website’s user experience. If you want to know how quickly and effectively a customer can complete tasks with your product, then you should run Usability Testing. Watch how they use your product to see whether they encounter problems and experience confusion. User experience researchers usually run usability studies on each iteration of their product from its early development to its release. Doing this allows them to find out the problems with their product’s user experience. So, if you have built a new sign-up process or you are going to release a new product, it is highly recommended that you watch someone use it. It will flag some of the biggest problems right away and increase the rate at which you earn customers.
- Include Post-Purchase Feedback: If you are running an e-commerce website, you must determine how your customers feel about their experience. However, doing this can be tricky sometimes, because a survey can distract customers from making a purchase. To avoid losing a potential sale because of this, you can display your feedback options after a purchase is made. Once the sale is about to finish, the customer will be less distracted and will be more interested in providing feedback. This mainly comes in handy with sales that involve higher amounts of emotional investment, like buying a large appliance.
Why Customer Feedback is Important for Businesses
Customer feedback helps you understand your customer well, helps you understand the quality of your service or product, and helps you make better decisions. Experts in SEO services in Long Island can provide you the best possible ways to get feedback from your customers.