Social media is constantly evolving and with its unique potential to connect with people on a global level, it has become a vital tool in all fields. This is one of the main reasons why social media marketing techniques are being leveraged to help businesses connect with clients. LinkedIn is a powerful social media platform that allows companies reach out to target audiences with strategic messaging and boost the buzz around the business. This fastest-growing social media network recently announced that it is introducing “Articles For Pages” – a new feature that will allow companies to publish long-form content. Experienced digital marketing companies providing content writing in Long Island keep track of developments to help businesses optimize their content and reach their targeted audience.
LinkedIn’s New “Articles For Pages”
Publishing informative and credible content is a highly effective way for companies to connect with audience. It also helps them develop a reputation for trusted thought leadership, but the real challenge is that it’s quite difficult to draw readers to a traditional company blog. LinkedIn’s Articles for Pages is aimed at extending the reach of your content.
Rather than being restricted by a character count, this new feature gives companies the ability to publish long-form content for the first time. Though LinkedIn users have been able to publish long-form content from their personal accounts, company pages have been restricted by a subjective character count for organic posts in the feed. The “Articles For Pages” feature allows companies to compose and publish blog-style content of any length.
“Articles for Pages” helps grow your community in various ways such as:
- Engaging members with professional content they need without leaving the platform.
- Producing and sharing robust content
- Exploring key topics at length with rich media, links, pull quotes, and more
- Mirroring the engagement elements of a social post by driving the visible and inviting conversations with your community in the comments section
- Encouraging valuable next-step actions
- Along with reach and engagement metrics, accessing detailed audience insights to learn about the firmographics of people reading and interacting with the content
How To Publish Articles As Your Page
You can publish a LinkedIn Article in 3 simple steps.
- Access your page’s ‘Super’ or ‘Content’ admin view
- Go to the Start a post prompt
- Click Write article
However, while writing a LinkedIn article make sure to
- Craft a readable content:
- between 500 to 1000 words
- with a compelling headline, images, videos and pull quotes
- Make use of bulleted lists or short sections to make your content easy to consume
- Create visual interest by including rich media such as
- Pull quotes
- End your article with an engagement or call-to-action option
- To drive viewership, tag the author of the article in the post promoting it
- Share the article on your LinkedIn page multiple times
Other New Features: LinkedIn Live Events & Updates to LinkedIn Ads
In addition to the new organic Article for pages feature, the company is also rolling out two more new features in its platform:
- LinkedIn live events
- Updates to LinkedIn ads to support brand building and measure results
As per users’ requests, LinkedIn is making its “Scheduled LinkedIn Live” and “LinkedIn Events” products work better together with LinkedIn Live events. This was one of the top-requested updates the company got and is expected to help pages achieve greater reach and engagement with live events. This simplified experience allows companies to:
- Sponsor a livestream in advance to a targeted audience
- Auto-notify event registrants and Page followers when the event goes live
- Generate views on the public Live Event post from anyone on LinkedIn, whether they’ve hit “Attend” or not, during and after the show.
- Share the replay of the live content for maximum distribution and value
- Allow all Page Admins to go live once a Page is approved
- Automate and expedite review process for LinkedIn Live applicants
LinkedIn is also rolling out ways to optimize and measure brand awareness on the platform. Three new enhancements to LinkedIn Ads will allow companies to seamlessly accomplish their brand building goals and measure results: Brand Lift Testing, Reach Optimization Reach/Frequency Forecasting and Reporting.
The key to adapting in this evolving world is to make it as easy as possible for people to find and join your community. Make use of these new features on LinkedIn can help. With these new updates – native long-form content, virtual events, and data-driven optimization tools – you can stand out from the pack, engage your audience, and maximize your impact.
As an SEO company providing social media optimization services in Long Island, we can help you make the most of updates launched by social media platforms and take your digital marketing campaign to the next level.
Long Island MedResponsive can help personalize your campaign to match your brand and message – reach out for a free consultation.