With every passing year and increasing number of internet and social media users, social media is playing a larger role in digital marketing. Social media marketing uses social media platforms to build your brand, improve brand visibility and attract more consumers through building relationships and communicating with potential customers. With more and more people joining social media everyday, the social media wave is not going to end any time soon and businesses should take advantage of it to survive in this competitive world.
Although social media is a great marketing tool for businesses, crafting an effective and powerful social media strategy can be daunting:
- There are many social media platforms: Today we have many social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest etc. Creating an account in all platforms and managing them well is not easy. Each platform has a different approach and different ways to keep track of data and it can be highly complex.
So, the best method is to take one account at a time and find unique ways to engage with potential clients. If you are a small team, then focus only on social accounts that have the highest leverage.
- Setting up a plan: Creating a good plan for social media platforms is not easy. It is important to have a clear idea about what content should be promoted, sort out your goals and decide who you should try to reach first. Setting up a plan is intimidating especially if you are new to the business or have a small team. The ideal step is to test different accounts one by one and see what works for you. Once you have identified what is best for your business then you can turn your processes on autopilot. When you see progress, then make an effort to create communities and your followers will also increase gradually.
- Facing the competition: Competition in the business world is inevitable. There are always one or more groups ahead of you which can make you feel inadequate. Looking at your social media marketing through an independent lens will help you improve. You can equate your social media presence to being a runner. Allowing someone to quickly discourage you or your team will prevent you from achieving your objectives. In social media, the main objective is to improve your reach and increase your followers.
- Never-ending advice and content: There are many social media gurus available that help you navigate and reach the right audience, and each one of them has their own secret tactics to improve social media reach and followers. The advice from different social media gurus can be confusing. So, find a few companies or entrepreneurs that you look up to or believe in for better social media marketing techniques. Learn from those who have failed before you and this will help you improve.
Quick Tips to Have a Strong Social Media Strategy for 2019
- Content scheduling: Posting the right content at the right time in your social media channel is important. Content scheduling will help you with consistency, and retention of customers. It will also help in closing content gaps and figuring out what works and what doesn’t for your business.
- Optimize your social media networks: Make sure that your social media strategy is simple and optimize your social media profile with a good bio.
Keep your header images up-to-date, include relevant keywords and ensure that any links in your bio are relevant and working. Do not overlook even a minor detail.
- Video content: Create more videos because in 2019 there will be stronger emphasis on videos, especially on YouTube, Instagram stories and IGTV.
- Analyze, rinse, and repeat: To have a strong social media strategy you have to constantly analyze your strategies and ensure they are working. Keep track of your followers, your reach, impression, and engagement with potential customers.
The importance of social media in business can only be understood once you start implementing the proper strategies. As powerful platforms for users to interact, create or share their ideas and participate in social networking, these are the best avenues to market your product or service. Social media marketing is essential to stay ahead of competitors, improve brand awareness and ensure better engagement with existing as well as potential consumers.