Digital content is a vital marketing tool that businesses create and distribute to reach out to new audience, generate more leads, build credibility and improve overall strategic marketing objectives. Digital content must be useful and relevant to the target audience to connect and increase the number of potential buyers. Digital content is a key part of content marketing strategies that help boost SEO, establish thought leadership and trust, attract visitors and generate leads, promotion and sharing. So if you want to create content that educates your audience and increase the volume of traffic to your website, reach out to companies providing content writing in Long Island.
Importance of Digital Content
People rely on online companies to shop or find professional services. When they have a problem, they go online to do research and find a potential solution. In this process, they encounter blogs, videos, educations materials etc that may provide solution for their problem. Some consumers find a source of expertise that they trust so much and they tend to return again for more valuable information and advice. This behavior is the reason why digital content is so important.
Another important aspect of digital content is that both content and SEO go hand in hand. Businesses need to create content that provides clear value to their audience. If your target audience engages heavily with the content you create, your SEO strategy will be that much more successful, increase your ranking and get more traffic to your website.
Different Types Of Digital Content
Digital content should be generated different forms so that the audience will not get bored seeing the same type of content all the time. So, for your marketing strategy to be successful, you need to publish different types of content from time to time.
- Short form blogs: Short form blogs have less than 1,200 words, though some marketers recommend a cut-off point of 1,000 words. Even if the blog is short, it should be precise and unique and the content should be good enough to attract the attention of your audience.
- Long form blogs: These are blogs with a minimum word count of 1500 words, though some marketers say long form blogs should be at least 3500 words. The idea is to create detailed content that the audience will keep scrolling. Even though long form content have been around for a long time, it started gaining popularity in 2013 to 2014. According to Google, longer content contains more information and helps solve many queries of the audience at once. Some SEO experts say that long form blogs rank better in Google search results.
- Podcasts: Podcasts are audio files that are used to share information about new products, the company, and all kinds of topics. Podcasts on topics like current affairs, sports, books, motivational speeches, and personal stories are very popular. Businesses normally use podcasts to share information regarding their new products, about the company or about the general happenings in the industry. For the target audience, podcasts provide an insight about how much the business knows about the industry. Podcasts make the audience feels much more connected to the business. It is affordable marketing technique that helps build brand awareness and adds value to SEO.
- Videos: Video content is one of the most engaging forms of content that the audience likes and a good video will remain in your audience’s memory. Video content can be of any type – educational, tutorials, marketing, product reviews etc. The duration of the video depends upon the requirements. This useful digital marketing tool allows your potential buyer to learn and know more about your product.
- Copywriting: This form of content is similar to blogs and newsletters. But here the words should be persuasive enough for the audience so that they will take action. Good copy writing includes:
- Headlines that grab the attention of the users and drive them to click on it.
- Content that provides information just for the reader’s needs.
- The content that connects with the audience and builds trust and brand recognition.
- Content that tells the audience what to do next like sign up for newsletters, click a link to visit a website, visit a social media page, etc.
- Social media content: This is content posted on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc. Since social media platforms are so popular, using these platforms for content marketing helps businesses to reach out to a wider audience in a short span of time. The content on social media platforms can be posts, videos or images and should convey your brand’s message while keeping the audience interested. Post about offers and discounts that you offer and eventually your audience will feel compelled to try your products.
- Ebooks: These are electronic books that may have a minimum count of 10,000 words. They are usually stored in PDF format that can be easily downloaded. If you want your Ebooks to be downloaded quickly, make sure to provide catchy headlines. Ebook feature content that is divided into proper sections so that it is easier for readers to understand. Make sure to include graphics to make your ebooks attractive and fun.
- Infographics: Infographics are visual representations of information. Many business are now creating infographics as they are creative and stay in the memory for a very long time The most popular infographics are those in the form of statistics, data etc. Infographics are also easy to share.
There are many different types of digital content and using them effectively in their marketing strategy can help businesses retain customers, attract a new audience and increase engagement. Professional SEO company in New York City provide content writing that can create impactful content that can catch the attention of your audience.