Based in Melville, New York, Long Island MedResponsive is a leading digital marketing company that develops unique website marketing strategies to suit various business models. They have provided SEO services for businesses in industries ranging from healthcare to education, IT, Food & Beverage, Finance, FMCG, Ecommerce and so on. With their team of SEO consultants, copywriters and digital marketers, the company implements both on-page and off-page SEO techniques to help businesses improve search engine results.
Today's podcast by Dame Colquhoun, our Solutions Manager/ SEO Strategist, discusses "8 Actionable SEO Tips To Drive Organic Traffic In 2021”
8 Actionable SEO Tips to Drive Organic Traffic In 2021
Are you trying to bring more visitors to your website? Then you need to greatly improve your website’s online presence because it is the best way to attract visitors - with unpaid search results - who already want to make a deal. So to get more organic visitors to your site, conduct a good SEO analysis, and plan and execute an effective marketing campaign.
So how to increase organic traffic and work towards a higher ranking on Google? Check out these actionable SEO tips. I'll touch on a few, just check within the content for the rest.
00:39 Effective SEO Tips To Drive Organic Traffic
- 00:47 Email Outreach: Backlinks are an important ranking factor, but then securing backlinks is a daunting task. To get started in link building, one of the most effective techniques is to do email outreach. Though it is the easiest thing to take care of, it’s something that can also take a while to get a response back. So, trying searching for a tool within Google that helps you to do bulk email. Emailing basically will kind of speed up the process. At the same time you want to check out tools that not only will do bulk email but also kind of structure down into giving you the author's email specifically so you could reach out and on a one on one basis rather than doing bulk emailing.
All you have to do is to find a prospect, scrutinize them - basically their content - and find their emails. Once you add the emails, then type the content that they use, you just use some of their information within their content to basically add to your content to beef up what you're saying or to just back up what you're saying with evidence. Then from there you'll make an email pertaining to the content that you created. State that you've added them to your content and here’s the portion that you used your content to kind of you know once again stress your main idea, and then see what kind of response you get from here. Sometimes you might be able to get a good response and then get a backlink from there. All you have to do is check Ahrefs or one of those tools that help you to see if you've gained any backlinks. Mass is also good tool.
- 02:48 Do Content Audit Regularly: Performing an annual content audit could help increase organic traffic. It is a process that involves diving deep into every single content piece and analyzing it to understand the strengths and weaknesses of your content marketing strategy. Content auditing helps you:
- To analyze all pages on your website to see whether they should be kept as is, updated, consolidated, or deleted.
- Find content gaps
- Optimize content for search engines and visitors, and lastly
- Find ways to reuse the content
Websites running on WordPress can conduct a content audit with Ahrefs’ free WordPress plugin. Check within the content to see how the plugin will look.
- 03:43 Build a presence on social media: Use social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to get your name and website address out on the internet. You can link to the articles that matter to you. Within a month, you can check back to see what page have been visited through the social media account. Doing this will do two things: you can increase rankings through this and lastly help gain followers that can see you as an authoritative figure within your industry.
- 04:19 Use Long-tail Keywords: Rather than using popular and short keywords, aim for long-tail keywords that are more specific to your niche. With such keywords, Google and other search engines will identify your website or blog as a destination for the subject, boost your content in search rankings, and help your ideal customers find you.
So, essentially here these kinds of keywords will help you to show Google that you specialize in a specific topic. Use other semantic long tail keywords within the content, linking out to other articles you have.
There are more actionable tips to use once you read the content online but using just these few, you can create an effective SEO campaign strategy to help your business secure higher visibility on organic search and establish a strong online presence.